Your well-being is my core concern. With this in mind, some important information has been compiled to help you navigate any changes implemented within the clinic.
I have re-opened. If you are in pain, emotional distress or about to re-start fertility treatments don’t suffer in silence or if you are worried that your case isn’t urgent, please text or email me. I am here to help you during these challenging times, I promise to maintain as always the highest standards of safety and care. I have created a simple re-opening clinic guide to help you navigate any changes implemented within my clinic. So you will know what to expect prior and during your acupuncture session.
Government guidance now allows us to treat all patients except the most clinically vulnerable. Urgent care appointments are available for pain management (includes nerve pain or recent injuries), extreme fatigue, psychological distress (anxiety etc...) or mobility issues. These appointments have now opened up for fertility clients to so you may also now book in.
Thank you for your patience.
As a member of the British Acupuncture Council, we have strict health and safety measures in place to keep you safe. I will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). As always there will be robust safety and cleaning procedures occurring between each patient. Patient safety and care is paramount to me as a health practitioner.
Note: If you are over 80, diabetic, or have any underlying health condition that puts you at an 'extremely high risk', please do not book in at the moment. You can book in for when routine appointments resume.
Careful measures have been taken to protect the welfare of our staff and clients based on latest Government advice, and with ongoing advice from the British Acupuncture Council..
- Access to the clinic is via the car park door only. The reception area is CLOSED.
- Please wait in your vehicle until I phone or message you.
- All patients will be screened when booking and again before entering the clinic
- All patients will be required to wear a mask – one can be provided by the clinic.
- I will be wearing PPE according to government guidelines – mask, apron, ect
- You will be asked to sign a COVID-19 consent form before your session
- No food or drink is to be brought into the treatment room please. Please bring own water if needed and leave it in your car.
- The WC is available for use but please ask me before using so it can be cleaned.
- The treatment room will be kept clinically clean and will be cleaned between patients
- There will be a gap of 20 minutes between patients during which the room will be ventilated.
Phone lines are open 9-6 Monday to Fridays and your call will be returned the same day.
For updates you are welcome to call the clinic, send an email or text on 07584434976.
Before your appointment
I will need to check whether it is safe to treat you at the moment. I will
ask you a few questions by telephone, email or video call, including:
• do you currently have any of the symptoms of Covid-19 infection?
• are you considered ‘clinically vulnerable’ or ‘extremely clinically vulnerable’ and therefore at
If I decide it is not safe for you to come to the clinic I will explain why to you.
Before giving any treatment, I will ask you to read and sign a consent form before your appointment
can go ahead.
One of the usual diagnostic procedures for acupuncture involves looking at your tongue and
due to the possible risks at this time, I may ask you to take a picture of your tongue and send it to me
before you go to the clinic.
Going to the clinic
Special arrangements are now in place to safeguard you when you go for acupuncture.
Please follow whatever directions you are given including:-
• travel light and take very little with you into the clinic – if possible, leave bags, coats,
etc in the car
• go to the clinic alone, unless you need a chaperone, parent or carer
• try to arrive on time – not early or late
• follow any advice displayed at the clinic
During your treatment
Your practitioner will wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when they treat you. They will
also explain exactly what you need to do in the treatment room,
• where and when to wash your hands
• whether and when to wear a mask, one can be provided by the clinic
• any other hygiene and safety procedures as necessary.
After your appointment
If you develop Covid-19 symptoms or have a confirmed diagnosis of Covid-19 within two
weeks of having acupuncture, please immediately inform:-
• NHS test and trace service
• your acupuncturist